Monday, March 13, 2006

Return of the Boogie Man

Yes... San Jose is awesome, though, currently we are in the "rainy season" as most everyone else. Rain means playing inside, and last Monday it meant playing inside the mall at their disgusting playground. I vowed never to take the kids there, but my moms-group planned to meet there instead of the park. I DID try to encourage playing at their outside playground (there wasn't even rain that day), but since an email went out saying we'd meet at the mall, I was vetoed. So, I relented. I understand the boys could've picked up this cold and cough from anywhere, but I'm going to my grave believing it was courtesy of the mall! That place is a petri dish - filthy - germs and dirt on all surfaces. That leads us to today... everyone in the house with a cold at some stage. The boys are alright, Russ and I are alright, but it's just not fair for Starks! That's my vent. I'm done. The Boogie Man has the upper hand.

Now. RUSS CAME HOME THURSDAY! I had my orientation to Bible Study that morning while the boys were in their age appropriate classes for Bible School. I am excited to start and totally feel like it's where I should be. It will be on Thrusdays for a little over two hours in the morning. The good news is that Anthony will be in full day Kindergarten (9-2:30) next school year and that will allow me to continue in the fall. Anyway, Russ and we pulled up at the house at the same time that afternoon, and everyone was SO excited to see him after 2 weeks in Asia. The best reaction was Starks'. He totally just hugged his Daddy and wouldn't let go. Russ relaxed his hug to pull Starks away so he could see his face, but Starks wouldn't let go and just kept hugging him! How cute is that? We had lunch at Juicy Burger and just relaxed together. Russ felt ok his first day home, but it pretty much went downhill from there. He left for work this morning saying, "I just want to go to sleep." Poor Guy. So, for those of you who think international travel sounds glamorous, just call Russ and he'll set you straight! He misses his family, and he doesn't get back in the groove for several days... he's kind of useless. Although, I have to say that when he'd have a little energy, he'd vacuum, straighten up or help in some way. What a good guy!

Anyway, we may be bound inside again this week. They always forecast all of this rain, but the weather really goes something like this... cold and rainy in the morning, blue and clear until afternoon, cloudy and warm, sudden shower, blue and clear, overcast, hail and rain, and then cloudy. So, it's a little of everything, and when it's sunny, you've just got to go enjoy before it changes! My MOMMA comes to visit Friday!!!! We are all counting the days and are very eager to have her stay! Until then, we have appts on Tues & Wed and Bible Study on Thursday. Starks will be 9 months this Tuesday, and so he has that appt. At the same time, Anthony will get his Kindergarten physical. Wow. My men are growing up! Starks loves to crawl UP and DOWN the stairs. He loves to climb over and on anything actually. He's standing up and reaching out with one hand for something else... the thought of walking briefly entertained. In fact, he stood for 15 seconds the other day on his own. Then, he got too excited that he got wiggly and fell down!

So, wish us sunshine and fun here with the eviction of the Boogie Man this week!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]