Tuesday, March 07, 2006

When did Scooby Doo turn into Miami Vice?

So, the boys watch at times "A Pup Named Scooby Doo" in our room in the morning after they wake so I can take a shower. This morning, there was a headless skateboarder. He was scaring all of the people away from the skate park. At the same time, the dolphins were stolen from the local Sea World type park. Now, come to find out, the headless skateboarder wasn't a real monster at all. It was the owner of the skate park dressed as one as to divert people away from his park on purpose! Why? Doesn't he have a lot of money to lose if people aren't coming to his business? Apparently not. In fact, early in the show, we got some background on him regarding his being the best skateboarder in the world until he started doing drugs and went to jail. So, he created the monster as a scam as to smuggle drugs on the backs of dolphins- that is until the pesky kids meddled in his business and found out the truth. At the end, when all as revealed, one of the surfers we also came to know came forth as an FBI agent, too.

So, I ask you. Am I crazy? Does this at all sound inappropriate to anyone else? We have only talked once about drugs in regards to why some people are homeless. Scooby made me think, do I need to talk to my 3 and 5 year old NOW about not doing drugs? I feel like I should still keep them innocent and not in the know. Why the hell was Scooby doing a show like that? Comment and let me know if you are as perplexed as I am about Scooby doing a drug smuggling show or if you think he should!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]