Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sad, Sad Marketing Blackhole


Oh my goodness. Since it's been so sunny and warm here, Anthony has just wanted to relax and veg in the afternoon rather than play more or learn. So, I've let him. Due to the TV watching, he has said some pretty interesting things. This weekend he told me "Maybe I should go to the Sylvan school?" I asked "Why?" (We had his Kindergarten orientation at his Elem. school Thursday evening.) He replied, "Because they can help me be really good in math." Seeing as he's begun doing multiplication, I told him that he didn't need help. "But it can make me better!"

He's a nut. We had a birthday party on Saturday afternoon, and Russ took the boys there after soccer while I got my teeth cleaned. So, I was away 1.5 hours total and met them at the party. That evening I was going over the next day's plan, and I told him it was Mother's Day, church, and then something fun. He said, "I love you, Mommy. I wish we were always together." I asked, "Don't you think we are always together?" He said, "Well, I wish you didn't have to do things without us and go in a different car." I was away for 1.5 hours! Now, granted, I totally missed them and could not get to the party fast enough, but one would think they'd enjoy the time without hearing me! I guess not. I'm soaking this up as I feel it won't last long enough.

Anthony also has been suggesting good foods and drinks for us to try- as prompted by recent commercials. Marketing sucks them in at such a young age, huh? If only they had an income.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]