Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sisters' Weekend!

Wow! I think this picture says it all. Deborah flew me out to surprise Shar for her birthday, but it was just as much of a gift to me as it was to Sharmane!

First, I need to thank my friend, Amy, for making it possible to leave early Friday as she watched the boys for us until Russ picked up Anthony from school. VERY nice! Well, I was so excited that I got an hour of solid sleep and 20-30" here and there otherwise the night before! I didn't even eat breakfast or lunch!? For all who know me, I LOVE to eat breakfast! I was just so excited that my stomach was dancing around.

I knew Deb as soon as I saw her, and we immediately started talking and hit it off! When we were about 10" from the house, I called Shar and started talking like always. Then, as we approached the house, I interrrupted and told her the reason I called was because I got my braces off. (They came off Sept. 20th- I saved the surprise!) She was so excited and kept talking, then I walked into the house to her room quietly. I said, "I can't wait to eat pizza!" She looked at the phone confused and then turned toward me, screamed, tackled me onto her bed, and laughed! She was so surprised, and Deb did a great job keeping this secret. I know it was difficult at times, but she pulled it off.

The weekend was all of the same... smiling, laughing, hugging, and pure happiness. That's the house norm there, and it feels so good! And, as I said before, this was as much of a gift to me! I got to shop with my sister- and without kids, play games, talk, hang out with her great friends, talk, shop, etc. PLUS, I got to meet Re, Deb's sister. Again, it was like I've always known her and could talk to her like we've been doing it for years. Plus, she gave me some insight into what's ahead in regards to the boys! Yowza. We were one big family, and it all came so easily.

With Shar and me, only the two of us will really ever know what it's like to be together, but I love who I am when I'm with her. She refuels me in a way that no one else can, and I learn more about myself each time I'm with her. Life is good! Thanks, Russ, for helping this all work out and having my time alone with Sharmane! How did I become so blessed and why?
Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]